Watch the all-new video version to preview this week's Marvel Comics!
Travel to a galaxy far, far away with Marvel’s The Pull List!
On the podcast, Ryan and Tucker preview May 23’s new comic releases, including BLACK PANTHER, DOCTOR STRANGE, MOON KNIGHT, STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, and all the other books that are waiting for you in stores right now!
Watch the video version above as the two dive into all the Star Wars books on offer this week, then dive into the full audio episode below.
Here’s the full list of what’s available from Marvel this week:
MARVEL PRINT COMICS ON-SALE (5/23/18)
- BLACK PANTHER #1
- CHAMPIONS #20
- DOCTOR STRANGE #390
- FALCON #8
- HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: MYSTERY IN MADRIPOOR #1
- INCREDIBLE HULK #717
- INFINITY COUNTDOWN: DARKHAWK #1
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #600
- LEGION #5
- MOON KNIGHT #195
- OLD MAN HAWKEYE #5
- OLD MAN LOGAN #40
- S.H.I.E.L.D. BY HICKMAN & WEAVER #5
- SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #33
- STAR WARS #48
- STAR WARS ANNUAL #4
- STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #20
- STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ADAPTATION #2
- WEAPON X #18
- X-MEN: GOLD #28
- YOU ARE DEADPOOL #4
- BLACK PANTHER: LONG LIVE THE KING
- FANTASTIC FOUR VISIONARIES: JOHN BYRNE VOL. 7
- FANTASTIC FOUR VISIONARIES: JOHN BYRNE VOL. 8
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: EARTH SHALL OVERCOME
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: THE POWER OF STARHAWK
- MONSTERS UNLEASHED VOL. 2: LEARNING CURVE
- STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLLECTION: THE EMPIRE VOL. 4
- THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL VOL. 3: DARK ORIGINS
- VENOM & X-MEN: POISON-X
ON THE MARVEL APP
- MASTER OF KUNG FU (1974) #90-109
- QUASAR (1989) #13-16, 51-52
- MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) #83-84
- WHAT IF? (1977) #16
- LEGION: SON OF X VOL. 4 – FOR WE ARE MANY
- WOLVERINE BY DANIEL WAY: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION VOL. 4
FRESHLY DIGITIZED COMICS ON MARVEL UNLIMITED
- BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #10
- CHAMPIONS #14
- DARTH VADER #8
- DEADPOOL VS. OLD MAN LOGAN #2
- DEFENDERS #7
- DOCTOR STRANGE #381
- FREE COMIC BOOK DAY #1
- GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN #3
- GIANT-SIZE WEREWOLF BY NIGHT #5
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #147
- HAWKEYE #12
- INCREDIBLE HULK #710
- MARVEL TEAM-UP #23-26, 28-30
- MARVEL’S BLACK PANTHER PRELUDE #2
- MIGHTY THOR #701
- NOT BRAND ECHH #14
- PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #297
- SECRET WARRIORS #8
- SPIDER-MEN II #4
- STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA #14
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #791
- THE PUNISHER #218
- THOR VS. HULK – CHAMPIONS OF THE UNIVERSE #6
- WEAPON X #11
- WEREWOLF BY NIGHT #34-43
- X-MEN: BLUE #15
Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, download the episode from Marvel.com/podcasts, or tune in on SoundCloud!
Revel in artwork from some of the brightest artists!
In celebration of International Women’s Day, Marvel is excited to show off 10 never-before-seen covers for upcoming issues of some of your favorite stories – brought to you by some of the brightest female artists in the industry!
Feast your eyes on the below covers and find them on these select titles at your local comic shop starting this April!
- Black Panther #1 by YASMINE PUTRI
Black Panther #1 by YASMINE PUTRI
- Doctor Aphra #21 by ASHLEY WITTER
Doctor Aphra #21 by ASHLEY WITTER
- Hunt For Wolverine #1 by ELIZABETH TORQUE
Hunt For Wolverine #1 by ELIZABETH TORQUE
- Life of Captain Marvel #1 by SANA TAKEDA
Life of Captain Marvel #1 by SANA TAKEDA
- Marvel Rising #1 by GURIHIRU
Marvel Rising #1 by GURIHIRU
- Marvel Rising #1 by GURIHIRU
Marvel Rising #1 by GURIHIRU
- Marvel Rising Connecting Cover by RIAN GONZALES
Marvel Rising Connecting Cover by RIAN GONZALES
- Moon Knight #196 by BECKY CLOONAN
Moon Knight #196 by BECKY CLOONAN
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #33 by ERICA HENDERSON
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #33 by ERICA HENDERSON
- Tales of Suspense #104 by YASMINE PUTRI
Tales of Suspense #104 by YASMINE PUTRI
Interested in other ways to celebrate Marvel Women, watch the video below and take a look at this post.
Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña take T'Challa to the stars!
This May, the power of the Black Panther expands across the universe.
Prepare to see Wakanda like never before as writer Ta-Nehisi Coates and artist Daniel Acuña present a bold new direction for both the nation and T’Challa in BLACK PANTHER #1!
For years, the Black Panther has fought off invaders from his homeland, protecting Wakanda from everything from meddling governments to long-lost gods. Now, he will discover that Wakanda is much bigger than he ever dreamed; across the vast Multiverse lies an empire founded in T’Challa’s name. Readers caught a glimpse of it in MARVEL LEGACY #1, now find out the truth behind the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda this May!
“Black Panther fans should be excited because this is a true #1. It’s a new story—with connections to the old story—but it’s taking him into a different space…literally. And I think people will be excited about that,” says Coates. “Black Panther #1 is a creative challenge for me. My first few books were more philosophical, and while that still rings true here, this is a fast-paced, high-octane story. And with Daniel Acuña’s art, I think people are really going to feel the energy and intensity here. I wanted people to feel like this is a really fresh storyline, and I think we succeeded in that. It’s meaty, it’s different, and it’s perfect for new readers just coming to the world of T’Challa and Black Panther.’’
“T’Challa has a life of his own—he’s full of personality and charisma. He can be a mysterious silhouette or a powerful warrior. It’s so inspiring. I really, really hope people can see this new and personal vision of Black Panther—and I’ll still follow the brilliant lead of Brian Stelfreeze’s design and settings,” adds Acuña. “My inspiration is T’Challa’s legacy, the unique history of the character, and the amazing artists that have come before. I feel like I’m a part of something very different to what I’ve done until now. This is a very significant work that I hope lasts a long time.”
Series editor Wil Moss explains more: “I can’t emphasize enough how clean of an entry point this is for new readers. Readers are going to be learning about this mysterious ‘Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda’ right alongside T’Challa, so everyone is going to be on the same page. And oh man, is Daniel Acuña delivering the goods! He ‘gets’ the character of Black Panther like no other, and his designs for the Intergalactic Empire are…well, they’re out of this world!”
Dive into Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña’s BLACK PANTHER #1 on May 23! And stay up-to-date with all the exciting news coming from Marvel Comics at marvel.com/marvel2018comics!